Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

Every year I plan to make something "festive" for my Mexican food holiday. I finally got fairly organized this year. Although my cake already was destroyed do to a communication error with my daughter, so I'll have to make another one.
This year, I'm going to make The Pioneer Woman's brother's tacos. How about that. Only, I'll do it a bit differently.

Here are my plans:

1 lb. chicken breasts
1 can of Las Palmas green enchilada sauce medium
8 oz. cream cheese (that's for you Sara)

In a crockpot, the chicken breasts and the green enchilada sauce to simmer all day. Then, about an hour before I assemble the tacos I'll shred the meat and add the cream cheese.

From there, I plan to follow Pioneer Woman's instructions. Which involves stuffing corn tortillas with the meat and frying them, then stuffing cheese, lettuce, tomato, cholula, and sour cream down into the taco. I'm very excited.

No comments: