Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Easy Balsamic Baked Chicken

I love a simple chicken recipe, especially one that has enough flavor to not taste like chicken. I know, right?
So, I tried this one out of my head last night, and it was awesome.

I had two big chicken breasts (probably about 3/4 to 1 pound) which I thawed out. I then thinly filleted them into six pieces of chicken.

Then, in a 9x13 baker I drizzled 3 T. of olive oil.
To that, I then drizzled about 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
Sprinkle with:
2 t. of kosher salt
1 t. pepper
2 t. garlic powder (or press a two cloves into the pan)
2 t. dried basil (or oregano or thyme...you get the idea)

Then I took a whisk and kind of whisked it up in the bottom of the pan. taking each fillet of chicken I set it into the yummy sauce, then flipped it over to coat the other side. When all of the pieces had been lightly coated I then sprinkled lightly with kosher salt and pepper.

I baked it for 40 minutes at 375 degrees. It was awesome. I also topped mine with fresh chopped spinach, homemade ricotta cheese, chopped bacon, and a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. It was so good. It would make a great sandwich, salad addition, tossed with pasta and Alfredo or pesto sauce, or even sprinkled with bread crumbs or grated Parmesan cheese. Very versatile, very easy and good.

This was enough to feed me, my three elementary aged kids, and my one year old. you may want to adjust based upon the size and age of your crowd. You could always do four chicken breasts, slice them with a greater thickness, and double the sauce to bake.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This sounds so yummy Lisa! I'm going to try this recipe this week..thanks!

Sara said...

I want a recipe for southwest egg rolls...or better yet, I would like some delivered to my house already made :) Love your blog!