Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Salsa: Los Hermanos Style

I have about as many salsa recipes as I do marinara recipes. Mmmm.

This one is the most simple. There is a yummy (to me) Mexican restaurant in Lindon UT called Los Hermanos. We love it. We also love the salsa (which is not unlike the Chili's Bar and Grill salsa). One day I decided I needed to make it at home so that I could drink it whenever I want to.

And it turns out it's the easiest to make.

1/4 cup pickled jalapeno (or fresh, but laziness is the key with this salsa)
1 clove garlic
1 T. lime juice (or to taste, it doesn't really matter)
Kosher salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste

In a food processor combine the jalapeno, garlic, lime juice until finely chopped. Pour into mixing bowl and add a large can of crushed tomato, then add salt and pepper to taste.

And that's all.

No, really.

That's all.

Other great add ins, do one or two, or all, it'll work.
Red pepper
Green onion
Red onion
Cilantro
Pineapple
Mango
Ginger
Cumin
Cayenne Pepper

No comments: